TV and Media Consumption in the Digital Age in Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City was recently host to our conference TV and Media Consumption in The Digital Age. Over 130 broadcasters, agencies and advertisers came together to discuss the future of TV and TV advertising. Presenters and panelists shared insights about global consumer media trends as well as the local TV and media landscape.
Some of the key take-outs from the conference were:
- Ms. Tran Thi Thanh Mai, Managing Director of Kantar Media Vietnam highlighted the continued power TV has as the preferred medium of choice for advertisers – having the greatest impact on building brands perceptions and value. She explained that a key factor to the success of TV networks in Vietnam is shifting the focus from content production to a model that embraces direct–to-consumer, fan centric engagement involving TV Everywhere, social TV, synchronised apps and targeted advertising.
- Dr. Seung Chang Park, Chairman of UOB & Kittea gave an overview of Giga Korea, an ambitious project by the South Korean Government to make Korea a force in Information and Communications Technologies, and provide the market with the best digital platforms. The project involves six different government agencies and state funded research agencies, all working together to not only upgrade the network infrastructure, but also pursue shared growth in all areas of the IT ecosystem, including software, terminal, platform, and content.
- Mr. Truong Si Anh presented some major findings from Kantar Media’s Media Habit Survey National Survey 2016. Highlights include the increase in ownership of smart devices and the changing face of mobile in Vietnam for marketeers and brand owners.
- CEO of Dreamsfield Studio, Ms. Le Thi Phuong Thuy, discussed the difference between analogue and digital TV and delivered a case study about how the Sofa TV channel, a Pay TV channel targeting ‘modern women’ is embracing digital audiences.
- Sergio Stradolini, Head of Client Software, Audience intelligence at Kantar Media discussed how audience measurement is evolving with TV, and how Kantar Media is innovating in order to effectively measure the changing media landscape.
- Mr. Ngo Minh Thuan, CEO of DNA Digital Company also discussed how to demystify digital advertising by identifying three key factors necessary for successful digital content experiences: inform, inspire and interact.
Ms. Tran Thi Thanh Mai hosts a panel session during the conference
If you would like to view any of the presentations please get in touch.