Learning and development
Ways to help you grow
In a world obsessed by media, our people are passionate about creating solutions for our clients to ensure they set the trend. To keep ahead in the media world, our people need to be at the top of their game and continually growing. So we take professional development and sharing knowledge seriously.
Here at Kantar Media, you are in charge of your career. We encourage employees to take some time with their manager to plan their development for the year ahead.
It’s thought that only 10% of career development comes through formal courses, conferences and training. The rest comes from experience (70%) and exposure (20%). Here is a flavour of most effective non-classroom based ways to develop your professional abilities, all offered at Kantar Media.
- Appraisals – You will have the opportunity, at least once a year, to discuss your development plans with your line manager during your appraisal.
- 360° feedback - Raise self-awareness and help select areas of personal development.
- Career Conversations - Regular discussions between you and your line manager about your career aspirations.
- Subject matter experts - Put yourself forward to become a subject matter expert and share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- Coaching - Another way of developing skills, by receiving knowledge, guidance and feedback from someone in a particular area of interest.
Courses & Programmes
Sometimes it’s useful to spend time away from your desk on a structured course. We provide opportunities for our staff to learn from experts, pick up tips and ideas from colleagues in other parts of the business, and get practical advice to help them do their jobs. Here’s a brief overview of some of the courses and programmes we offer:
- Kantar Essentials - a series of courses and workshops to help new staff hit the ground running.
- IT Skills - Courses in programmes such as PowerPoint and Excel at varying levels.
- Commercial, Business & Client Management - Equip yourself with the tools and techniques to become a trusted adviser to your clients.
- People Management - These courses give people managers the opportunity to build or refresh their management skills.
- Personal Effectiveness - The courses in this section are designed to help you develop as a rounded professional with the ability to work across levels and structures.