7 facts for marketers about ophthalmologists
Ophthalmologists are one of three groups of eyecare professionals we cover in our Eyecare Readership Study to help publishers, editors and advertising marketing professionals with evaluating eyecare publications. Keep reading for 7 interesting facts on this group of eyecare professionals in this year’s study.
- On average, ophthalmologists say that about 30% of their practice is devoted to ophthalmic surgery.
- About 71% of ophthalmologists are part of a group practice and on average, each sees almost 131 patients in an average week.
- Ophthalmologists write about 68 prescriptions in an average week.
- The majority of ophthalmologists say that the average age of patients seen is between 50 and 69.
- They see more sales reps than other eyecare professionals, responding that on average they see about 2 per week.
- The most common procedures performed in an average month by an ophthalmologist are Capsulotomies - Laser. On average, they perform about 7 of these per month.
- Ophthalmologists prescribe, recommend or administer about 35 artificial tear preparation products in an average week and 32 lubricants.
Kantar Media’s 2013 Eyecare Readership study is designed to provide an unbiased evaluation of publication readership and to furnish data that will assist marketing personnel with the task of evaluating eyecare publications.
If you have questions or would like to find out how you can access the just-released data,contact us now.