Mobile device usage: October 2013 Medical/Surgical Edition
Kantar Media’s Mobile Device Usage study profiles physicians’ professional activities and behaviors related to smartphones, tablets, and mobile apps, including usage data on 69 specific medical content/journal apps. This new study, released in October 2013, surveyed 1,919 doctors in 15 key specialties.
What insights are available?
- Activities conducted on smartphones and tablets
- Number and types of apps installed on mobile devices
- Importance and frequency of types of apps used for professional purposes
- Reasons for uninstalling professional apps
- Usage of specific professional apps within the past 6 months
- Seven qualitative statements about each specific professional app
- Grand mean of qualitative statement ratings
- Digital and technology attitudes and opinions
How is data collected?
The data in this report were gathered via online survey in August and September 2013. The sample received an invitation to an online survey in August 2013 and a reminder one week later. Kantar Media drafted an email invitation in which recipients were asked to participate in a brief, Internet-based survey. A monetary incentive was promised to be sent upon completion.
For more information on how to get full access to the study, contact us.