Products recommended oncology nurses, patients seen and other demographic insights
Here are a few interesting insights into the demographics of the oncology nurses surveyed in the Oncology Nursing Readership Study.
- 77% of the oncology nurses surveyed belong to the Oncology Nursing Society and 20% belong to the American Nurses Association.
- More than half of all nurses surveyed have been in practice for over 20 years - with an average of just below 20 years.
- 68% of oncology nurses surveyed are RNs and 23% are NPs.
- 66% of surveyed nurses say their primary specialty is Medical Oncology. 42% say their primary practice setting is Outpatient Ambulatory care.
- On average, oncology nurses see about 82 patients per week. About 12 of those patients have anemia. Breast cancer is the second highest illness on the list with about 10 patients per week.
Kantar Media’s 2013 Oncology Nursing Readership study is designed to provide an unbiased evaluation of publication readership and to furnish data that will assist publishers, editors, advertising and marketing personnel with the task of evaluating oncology nursing publications.
If you have questions or would like to find out how you can access the data, contact us now.