The Kantar Media SRDS & James G. Elliott study
In Q4 2013, we joined forces with James G. Elliott to better understand the media planning and buying information needs of media planners and buyers at agencies. We conducted a study of the SRDS.com user base with the following objectives.
- To understand the habits of media planners and buyers.
- To learn about the types of clients and plans that media planners and buyers are working with.
- To determine the types of resources used for planning and buying.
- To understand what factors have an impact on media selection.
The following methodology was used to achieve the results:
- A five-page questionnaire for an online survey was developed.
- On October 8, 2013, invitations to participate in the survey were sent out to 4,000 individuals at agencies with access to one of the following SRDS databases: Business Media Advertising Source, Consumer Media Advertising Source or Digital Media.
- Participants who completed the survey were given a $10 gift card from Hallmark Business Solutions to pick from any of over 300 vendors.
- Reminders were sent out on October 10, 2013. A total of 204 individuals responded for a response rate of 5.3%.
- To qualify for the study, respondents had to report having researched, recommended, planned or bought Business to Business, Consumer Magazine or Digital Media in the past 12 months as well as current Media Planning or Buying responsibilities for one of these media types.
Over the next few months, we'll be sharing insights from the study to help media brands better understand today's planners. Click here to sign up to receive occasional emails with these insights right to your inbox.