Trends in professional healthcare website advertising by pharma companies
Online and app advertising to healthcare professionals, and HCP-targeted digital ad spend in general is increasing rapidly. For the first 9 months of 2013, ad occurrences (a measure of ad activity reported by Kantar Media’s Evaliant online ad monitoring service) increased by 31% over same period last year.
On the 215+ professional medical sites monitored by Kantar Media:
- 143 companies are advertising 310 products online
- 10 brands used 20+ sites
- The top 50 brands average 17.3 sites used
- 71 brands ran ads on 10 or more sites
- The top 3 advertiser companies used over 100 sites each
- The top 50 companies average 33.3 sites used
- The top 14 online advertiser companies ran ads on 50+ sites
As you can see from the chart above, Xarelto was the top advertised brand from January-September 2013 by occurrences followed by Invokana.
Kantar Media sets the standard for accurate, comprehensive competitive advertising intelligence in the professional healthcare arena. Click here for more information.