Focussing on the future in Romania with 'On Air'
We recently hosted a future focussed Conference for the Romanian TV industry called On Air, in conjunction with ARMA, the joint industry committee for television measurement in Romania. Representatives from broadcasters, agencies and advertisers gathered together to discuss the newest developments in the media research arena in Romania and across the globe. Some key insights delivered at the event are outlined below:
- Lucia Antal, President of ARMA, shared the JIC’s perspective and vision in regards to TV and Video measurement in Romania. She pointed out that in the context of a constantly changing audio-visual landscape, it’s a challenge to identify solutions and extend the TV audience measurement service in order to answer all ARMA members’ needs.
- John McCarthy, Global Marketing and Communications Director, Audience Intelligence, Kantar Media delivered a presentation highlighting how Kantar Media is addressing the proliferation of media consumption, and evolving from measuring Television to measuring Total Video. For more information on this blueprint, please click here.
- Liliana Mihailescu, Managing Director of Kantar Media Romania, offered a look at the challenges and opportunities for the Romanian media research market, and how Kantar Media is ready to meet them. One of the challenges, but also opportunities, is the TV evolution from a single TV channel (1956) to hundreds of channels, broadcasted on different platforms, and all the new ways people consume video content, and advertisers address them. She also mentioned that although digital media consumption in Romania is not as high as in other European countries like the UK, Denmark and Norway, this trend should be considered as inspiration when planning for the future TAM service in Romania.
- Alex Nielsen, Head of Audience Measurement, TV2, Denmark, discussed “The Danish journey to hybrid measurement”. He presented recent enhancements to TV currency in Denmark where the new TV & Video measurement service, set to go live next year, will deliver ever greater benefits to the industry.
- Renata Uhlarikova, International Business Development Director, Kantar Media shared an insight into the measurement of long tail. Case studies from the UK and Pakistan highlighted how return path data, in conjunction with PeopleMeter audience measurement data, can provide even deeper insights and improved data granularity. She also presented customised solutions for the measurement of long tail in Romania.
- Is TV still the king of media? Alexandra Olteanu, Managing Director of Initiative Romania, delivered a paper to answer this while discussing new advertising models used in Romania and globally. She pointed out that the television is evolving as a platform and the future represents the TV/video content consumed regardless of the device used.
- Results of Kantar Media’s Twitter TV Rating pilot study in Romania were presented by Carlos Sanchez. He emphasized how Social TV amplifies the power of television and Social TV analytics are turning thousands of live Tweets into actionable data. For more information on the Kantar Twitter TV Ratings, click here.
Amplifying the Power of Television was the title of a lively panel discussion which concluded the Conference in Bucharest. The changing needs of the TV industry in Romania, developments and innovation in TV measurement, and new models for media research adopted globally, were some of the topics debated.
If you would like to receive any copies of the presentations above, please get in touch.