US Winter Holiday: A gift for retail advertisers
With Winter Holiday accounting for nearly 20% of annual retail sales in the US, advertisers must tactically map out their paid media budgets to reach consumers during these high stakes months.
In this report, Kantar Media reviews the advertising trends which characterized the 2017 winter holiday period and examines the state of retailer ad spending leading into this year’s event.
Key findings of this brief include:
- Retail ad expenditures for 2017 Winter Holiday increased 10% YoY
- Walmart maintained its position as the top spending advertiser while Amazon took second with a spend increase of 151%
- Digital media’s share of Winter Holiday spend has doubled over the past five years
- References to Winter Holiday and sales events are still widely used, but specific mentions of “Black Friday” are falling by the wayside
- Amazon was the top advertiser for paid search text ads on U.S. Google for clicks on top retail keywords
- H1 2018 trends could translate into healthy ad spend this Winter Holiday season
Download this report today for important insights into how retailers are trying to make the most of the holiday season – and get the guidance you need to stand out from the clutter.