How we use your data
Who we are
Kantar Media UK Limited (Kantar Media) is an independent research company. It installs and maintains the equipment for households which are on our TV viewing panels, it collects and processes the viewing data from this equipment, and it administers the rewards scheme.
Kantar Media is data controller in respect of the personal data held about you.
Kantar Media collects:
- information about the TV programmes, commercials, and channels watched by you and your household (including when and how long you watch TV). This information is collected through the equipment which Kantar Media installs on your TVs
- information about the type of television set you and your household use to watch TV. This information is collected by Kantar Media when installing its equipment
Finally, Kantar Media uses your contact details in order to keep in touch with you with regard to any questions or complaints you might have while on our TV viewing panel, to provide you with your rewards and to install and maintain the equipment at your home,
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
Kantar Media is required by law to identify the legal basis on which we process your personal data. We process most of your personal data on the legal basis of ‘legitimate interests’.
Kantar Media has a legitimate interest in wanting to understand how our TV meters work in your home.
Who we share your personal data with
We do not share your personal data with anyone else. But there are some limited exceptions to this:
- in order to install and maintain the equipment, Kantar Media might need to share your name and address with third parties such as the equipment engineers. These service providers are required to keep your personal data confidential and secure, and they are not permitted to use your data for any other purpose.The company we use for this panel is MAP Group UK Ltd.
- we use the data storage and data transmission facilities of various IT and telecommunication companies, as is usual for any modern business. These service providers are required to keep your personal data confidential and secure, and they are not permitted to use your data for any other purpose
- we might be required to disclose your personal data in compliance with a court order, or to the police in connection with an investigation
How long do we keep your personal data
We will retain your personal data for as long as you remain on our TV panel.
If you choose to leave our TV panel, then Kantar Media will retain your personal data for 1 month so that we can ensure you receive your incentives for taking part in the panel.
Your personal data will be retained for a further period, during which it will be used only for research purposes (for example, in order to verify existing viewing figures). The length of the period will be determined by a number of criteria, including the amount and sensitivity of the data and the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the data. Kantar Media will implement appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data for as long as it is held.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have a number of legal rights in relation to your personal data. You can exercise these by contacting us using the contact details below.
Under your rights, you can:
- ask for a copy of your personal data
- ask for any of your personal data which is inaccurate or out-of-date to be corrected
- ask for your personal data to be erased
- object to the processing of your personal data due to your particular circumstances
- ask for the processing of your personal data to be restricted
Leaving the TV viewing panel
Your household is free to leave the TV viewing panel at anytime. All you need to do is tell someone at Kantar Media.
When your household leaves the panel, we will stop collecting any new information about you or your viewing. We will not erase or stop using the viewing information we hold or the demographic information we hold in relation to that viewing data. This is because erasing or stopping use of this information would prevent the existing viewing figures from being verifiable.
Although we, will not immediately erase nor stop using the information we already hold about you, your information will be erased or anonymised after a period of time (please see the section above on ‘how long do we keep your personal data’). Up until then, your information will continue to be kept confidential and secure as always.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer:
Gillie Abbotts-Jones, at: email@example.com
If you’re not happy with how we have handled your personal data, we’d like you to contact us first and give us a chance to put it right. But you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner if you would like to do so. You can find details about how to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org