TV Likely To Continue Dominating Holiday Retail Ad Spending

by Joe Mandese, MediaPost

Winter Holiday Media Spend 

If the past is prologue, TV will continue to be the main beneficiary of this year's holiday retail category spending. Based on an analysis of the $1.3 billion spent in 2017 the top U.S. retailers by Kantar Media and Pathmatics, TV accounted for nearly two-thirds (62%) of holiday ad budgets.

"Digital" is the next biggest category, representing 21% of retail ad spending, but if you combine it with Facebook (6%), total digital accounts for 27% of all holiday ad spending.

Print, Radio and "other" divide the rest of the pie.

Read the full Article from MediaPost


You might also be interested in...

Winter Holiday
Winter Holiday: A gift for retail advertisers
Read more
Social Media
Kantar Media and Pathmatics Reveal Leading Facebook Advertisers are Diverting Spend from TV and Other Advertising to Invest in Facebook
Read more