Cross media: measuring TV and online audiences together
As audience consumption changes and advertisers increasingly run integrated campaigns across different media, it has become more important to measure accurately and consistently across different media.
We have developed unified measurement approaches across different media channels. These include:
The advantage of these cross media measurement techniques is that they give a total view of the audience and their media consumption habits.
Cross-media measurement has long been the holy grail of media research. We formed a strategic alliance with comScore to address this industry need.
To deliver a complete unduplicated view of online and TV consumption, we’ve combined gold-standard TV measurement with online multi-platform measurement. Cross-media measurement covers video or text content, whether accessed on a browser, app, smart phone, tablet, computer or over the top device or TV set.
This hybrid system is already live in the Netherlands where a complete picture of audience viewing is being delivered.
Understanding audiences, without duplication
With this technology available, broadcasters and pay TV operators can:
- Understand the total number of people consuming content over TV and online platforms
- Prove the value of engaged multi-platform audiences and show where they are spending their time
- Sell targeted and customised media packages, across all platforms and demographics, in line with the integrated campaigns advertisers are increasingly running.
Agencies and advertisers can:
- Plan traditional TV and digital campaigns in a single tool without duplicating the audience it will reach
- Measure brand exposure and frequency for a campaign, without duplication
- Determine the best split between TV and other media to reach the audience effectively