8 interesting facts on optometrists from Kantar Media’s Eyecare study
In Kantar Media’s Eyecare Readership Study, we analyze the publications optometrists read to help marketers optimize the media mix. We also look at demographic data, including patients seen, prescriptions written, etc.
Keep reading for 8 interesting facts we found on optometrists in this year’s study.
- On average, optometrists see almost 67 patients per week and they perform about 52 refractions in an average week.
- This group of healthcare professional writes almost 24 prescriptions in an average week.
- The average optometrist has spent about 22 years in practice. Three in four are self-employed.
- Almost half of optometrists are part of a solo practice with the majority working in a freestanding building.
- In an average week, optometrists fit or refit about 15 pairs of contact lenses.
- The product prescribed most often by optometrists is artificial tears (9 per week).
- Optometrists see about 1 sales rep per week on average.
- Only about 60% of optometrists surveyed are American Optometric Association members.
Kantar Media’s 2013 Eyecare Readership study is designed to provide an unbiased evaluation of publication readership and to furnish data that will assist marketing personnel with the task of evaluating eyecare publications.
If you have questions or would like to find out how you can access the just-released data,contact us now.