Drug Advertising Banned to Consumers?
Many physician groups and politicians have been making news with calls to eliminate prescription drug advertising to consumers. However, research from Kantar Media shows that Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising results in a more proactive, informed, and compliant patient.
Kantar Media’s 2015 MARS Consumer Health Study shows that consumers exposed to healthcare advertising are more proactive and informed regarding their health.
Consumers exposed to healthcare advertising in the last 12 months are
- 83% have had some type of medical test
- 66% had an annual physical exam
- 60% always try to eat healthy foods and maintain a balanced diet
Click here to download the full infographic with additional data
- 16% more likely to research healthcare information so that they are better informed about different healthcare treatment options
- 1 out of 3 agree that pharma ads make them more knowledgeable about medicines
, or to find out how you can see what’s new in 2016.
The MARS Consumer Health Study is the only dedicated, syndicated research in the healthcare industry that ties ailments, pharma brands, attitudes about healthcare and many other data points to consumers’ media consumption habits. Great news – 2016 data now available! Click here to learn more.