200 Leading National Advertisers: Fastest-Growing Categories. Digital Trends. Where Ad Spending is Rising
Ad Age's annual report on the nation's top advertisers reveals what's up (and down) with the biggest spenders in marketing. Ten key points from the 61st annual Leading National Advertisers report:
- For the 200 Leading National Advertisers, total U.S. ad spending --measured media plus unmeasured spending -- rose 3.6% in 2015 to a record $142.5 billion.
- The 200 LNA boosted estimated unmeasured spending in 2015 by a robust 9.1%, powered by digital. Unmeasured spending includes internet and mobile media (search marketing, internet display, social media, online video and other digital media), promotion, experiential marketing and direct marketing.
- The top 200 reduced measured-media spending by 2.3% in 2015, with cuts in every major medium except cable TV networks and radio, according to Ad Age Datacenter's analysis of data from WPP's Kantar Media.
- Unmeasured spending continues to take a bigger slice of budgets, capturing 54.7% of 200 LNA ad and promotion spending last year. That's up from 52% in 2014. Measured media accounts for the rest.
- The 200 LNA are a big deal for traditional media. The top 200 accounted for 52.6% of all 2015 measured-media spending, 65.2% of cable TV network advertising and 80.7% of broadcast network TV advertising.
View the full article from Ad Age