5 facts for marketers about adults with dry skin or eczema
More than 17 million adults say they have or had dry skin/eczema in the last 12 months, according to the MARS OTC/DTC Study. About 47% of these adults have been professional diagnosed and 41% are treating it with a non-prescription product. About 28% are treating it with Rx and 33% are not treating the condition at all.
Here are a few additional insights into how this group of adults differs from the general U.S. population.
- Adults with dry skin/eczema are 42% more likely to watch home shopping television programs, are 50% more likely to watch health programs and are 28% more likely to watch non-live event sporting programs, such as Sports Center.
- These adults are much more likely to watch their TV programs on devices other than a traditional television. For example, they are 40% more likely to use multiple screens, which may also be due to the fact that they are younger. Adults with eczema are more likely to be between 18 and 24 years old.
- This group of adults is 65% more likely to cite message boards/community as a reason for accessing the Internet in the last 30 days, and 55% more likely to access the Internet for blogs/vlogs.
- Adults with dry skin/eczema are 41% more likely to read epicurean magazines and 26% more likely to listen to all news/news talk radio programming in the last seven days.
- This group of adults is 54% more likely to say they use a health club/gym regularly and 37% more likely to go shopping for fun.
Using data from this study can help agencies and marketers understand ailment sufferers, treatment and how to best reach them. For more information about accessing full study results, contact us here.
Kantar Media’s MARS OTC/DTC Study helps agencies, marketers and media make better healthcare media and marketing decisions. It ties multimedia consumption to medical ailments, pharma brands, attitudes and opinions about healthcare and many other data points. A large sample of about 20,000 respondents provides stable and reliable information across categories and brands. Gain insights into category and product usage for 500+ OTC and Rx remedies, detailed information for 70 health conditions, including treatment options and much more.