Next.SRDS.com: the basics
On June 29, we are sunsetting the "old" SRDS.com and transitioning all of our users to the new multimedia planning platform at next.srds.com. Many of you have already been using the new site (some for many months!), but there are also plenty of folks who will have questions. In this post, I am going to cover some "new SRDS basics" to hopefully avoid any confusion, and, as always, if you have questions feel free to call or email me.
Here are tips to get you started:
Blue links offer more information.
- The names of media properties appear in blue and link you to the media brand's full listing
- Help or additional information appear under blue links (for example: “Search Tips”)
- Audit statements are in blue, and clicking on them will load the audit statement (Remember: ABC requires membership to access statements via SRDS; BPA and CCAB do not. However, the first time you click a BPA or CCAB link it will take you to the home page of the BPA website where you will need to register once.
Best way to search across media?
Open Search. Enter words or phrases where it says "Enter Keyword," and click Go.
Best way to search across media and markets?
Local Search by DMA. Select your DMA(s), then filter by media types.
- The advertising you see in SRDS will often give you quite a bit more information about a media brand
- Title search still exists: just enter the name of the media property where it says “Enter Keyword” then click Options. Select "Title Only" and, if you are so inclined, the database the listing is in
- Listings look different, but all of the data is there. Just look for the appropriate tab and scroll through the data under each tab
- Searching by media type is still an option. Just select the database under the Search tab and start to filter your results.
Would you like me to give you a WebEx training on the ins and outs of the new SRDS?Check my training schedule here or get in touch.