Optician demographic data from Kantar Media’s eyecare readership study
As part of our Eyecare Readership Study, we provide data on publication readership of opticians to assist publishers, editors, advertising and marketing personnel with the task of evaluating eyecare publications. We also look at demographic data related to this group. Here are five data points from this year’s study.
- On average, opticians see almost 52 patients per week and they perform about 10 refractions in an average week.
- The average optician has spent about 27 years in practice.
- 73% are self-employed and 43% work in a storefront/strip mall.
- Opticians dispense about 28 prescription lenses and frames per week. In an average week, opticians fit or refit about 5 pairs of contact lenses.
- This group of healthcare professional sees about 2 sales representatives in an average week.
Kantar Media’s 2013 Eyecare Readership study is designed to provide an unbiased evaluation of publication readership and to furnish data that will assist marketing personnel with the task of evaluating eyecare publications.
If you have questions or would like to find out how you can access the just-released data,contact us now.