Kantar Forecasts $6 Billion in Political Ad Spending for 2019-2020 Election Cycle
We have updated our projected spend figures since the publication of this report. View the latest forecast here.
The 2019-2020 federal election cycle is forecasted to generate $6 billion in political advertising, according to our latest study.
Kantar projects a significant increase in digital ad spending in 2020, with the channel receiving 20 percent of total political ad spend, or $1.2 billion. Our estimates include spend only on ads sponsored by federal candidates or campaigns, and not by PACs.
This report examines:
- The realignment of values and aspirations
- Projected 2020 political ad spend figures
- The current state of the political ad market
- 2020 strategies for brands
- Which states will make up the battleground in 2020
- The 2020 presidential race thus far
To receive our full report, Political Advertising Trends: What to Expect in 2020, please fill out the form on the right.