Report: Marketing In the Time of COVID-19
Last fall, when forecasters began looking at expectations for ad spending in 2020, they were projecting a conservative, cautious year for most marketers around the world. But buoyed by the presidential election and the Summer Olympics, and factoring in media price increases and continued growth in digital channels, ad spending in the U.S. was projected to grow by 4% to 5% this year. And then the COVID-19 pandemic hit the U.S. and everything stopped.
In this report, we explore how the pandemic has caused disruption in all aspects of advertising, as well as what comes next on the road to recovery.
This report examines:
- How advertising spend has been impacted across categories, brands and media, and the accelerated shift to digital
- Consumer responses to the crisis and what they expect from brands
- How sports may have been the most affected industry
- The rapid and forced transformation of retail
- Effective ad messaging strategies for success during crisis
Download the report to learn what has happened to marketers, brands and media during the pandemic, and what comes next.